BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, May 8, 2010

A New Start

God is leading me. OK, maybe more like pushing because I have been dragging my feet about doing this. What is "this" you ask? Starting a new blog. All about my journey closer to Him. It's been a hard journey, but totally worth it. I have heard people talk about God trying to get their attention. It starts as a whisper, then a yell, then a scream. I always thought that it wouldn't apply to me and my life.....I'm a Christian and have been since I was 18. I pray all the time and never, no matter what, went a day without praying. I was sure that I was close to God......I loved Jesus and knew everything I had in life was a blessing from him. What else needed to be done? Right?!?

Wrong!!! I was so far off track. Maybe even on the wrong track completely. And it took a whole lot of pain to figure that out. Would I change it? Probably not. I don't think I could be where I am today without going through all that pain. Do I want more pain....No. I would much rather just listen to God's leading and hope He doesn't need to do anything drastic to get my attention again.

I hope my story interests you and you will come back to read more. I am really not sure if God wants me to do this for me or for someone else.....but it doesn't matter. All that matters is that I listen and do His Will.

God Bless!
Denise

The kind of sorrow that God wants makes people change their hearts and lives. This leads to salvation, and you cannot be sorry for that.       2 Corinthians 7:10

3 comments:

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

Several ppl have told me that they couldnt leave comments so I am giving it a try. I changed a few things in my settings and hope that fixed the problem.

Cajoh said...

I like the whisper to a scream— kind of reminds me of a song.

Hoping your journey is a good one,

Terry said...

oh boy!..this is a new blog!
when i read your home post, i thought it myself, "wow, here is another professional blog site!"
i started my blog several years back and i still don't know how to do stuff other than talking and posting pictures.
for all of the other stuff, i have to get help from a few blog friends!
i am going to like your new blog...from terry of southern ontario, canada