BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, May 28, 2010

Answered Prayers

My court date was yesterday and I have great news! I was awarded disability benefits. It was a long hard fight and I am very thankful that it is over. I wanted to thank everyone for their prayers and to give God all the praise and Glory! He did this for me!

When I got there my lawyer and I had to sit in a little room for over 40 minutes, we went over a few things and then just talked about kids, family, life, etc. When it was our turn we entered the room with the judge and I was sworn in. My lawyer gave an opening statement, the judge asked me 2 or 3 questions and then he said "She is disabled".
That quick! My lawyer told me the night before that our case was very strong and that even the state docs said I was unable to work full time. I'm still a little shell-shocked.......I feel like it was all a dream and I'm going to wake up and still need to fight for it. But I know that it isn't a dream.....the Lord heard and answered my prayers. This is such a blessing for me and my family. A huge burden will be lifted off my husband, who works a lot of overtime. This of course doesn't heal me, doesn't relieve my pain or give me energy to do more things with the boys. But it helps in so many other ways. I am hoping that this will also give hope to other Sjogrens and Fibromyalgia patients out there.

Thank you Jesus for your blessings and for giving me so many friend who are willing to pray for me!


God Bless! Denise

14 comments:

WinnyNinny PooPoo said...

Woo Hoo!!!

A sad commentary on our system that somone so disabled had to appeal their "NON disabled" status to the administrative judge level.

Annette W. said...

That's awesome! God is always good!

Rebecca Jo said...

I can get on THIS blog.. yipee!

But YIPEEEEEEEEE even louder for the news!!!! WAAAHOOOOO!!!!!

mCat said...

Such great news. And when you put your trust and faith in the Lord - miracles happen!

Anonymous said...

Excellent topics, I really like this topics. Can you please publish more articles? After long searching I found this online that, the best chiropractic clinic helps people in Lawrenceville GA with back pain, neck pain, headaches. Call their office and speak to any one of their friendly staff to make an appointment for a FREE consultation.
lawrenceville chiropractor

EmmaP said...

little miracles are sometimes the biggest miracles!

Rochelle said...

WOW!!! This is sooo great! Thanks for sharing. What a relief this is for you and for other Fibro sufferers! I'm thankful I can still work, but who knows how long that'll last. This is encouraging; thanks!

PRAISE THE LORD!!! :)

Tonya said...

I am so happy for you! Praise the Lord!

Queenie Jeannie said...

So happy for you!!! Congratulations!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

A perfect follow up to your post which started with Phil 4:6. God is great! I am so happy for you! :)

Mom said...

I had no doubt that God would answer your prayers and of course everyone who was praying for you. I just had no idea what the Lord would answer as did you. I am very happy that the answer was yes and you can get some help now we need to continue to pray for less pain in your daily life. I have already started. Enjoy your weekend!!!

Missy said...

I am happy for you! Maybe this will lower your stress levels and maybe relieve some pain! :)

Anonymous said...

Rejoicing with you!

It took me three years to get my disability after my battle with cancer.

The Lord intervene and made the way for me. You will continue to be in my prayers as you deal with the pain, etc, which I deal with also.

Again, I will lift your family and you in my prayers.

Writing for the King,

Paul

Terry said...

dear denise..i don't even know you but i rejoice for you too!
last year i was diagnosed with myotonic dystrophy.
i have no children and for twenty five years, i was a SAHW..ha!
but when bernie was laid off and after his unemployment was done, then i got a nurse's aid job.
when i could no longer work there because i did do a little bit of falling, i thought to myself, "well maybe i could apply for disability."
the shot was a long one for sure denise, but like you i had the lord on my side, and i was granted it!...so unbelievable!
you see in canada, you have to pay into canada pension through your job and i hadn't worked for years.
well the two years that i DID work, well that was enough for disability pension.
when the lady on the phone said that i was accepted, well then i started to cry!
have a great day...terry

i am sorry that you have such great pain though..i think being weak is a whole lot easier to bear than being in pain!....so i will pray for denise now!